Rules and Things.
The Sister Code.
The sister code:
1. Don't fall for your best friend's boyfriend
2. Law of DIBS (Dating him Is determined By whoever Saw him first), whoever liked him first, or admitted they liked him first, gets him. Whether he likes her or not.
3. Don't date your best friends brother, unless it's permitted. It pisses the crap out of them.
4. If you are mad, and want to talk smack and whatever to let your anger out, that's fine. But it's not fair to turn anyone against anyone when it's your problem.
5. Promises must be sealed off with a pinkie, and must be kept.
6. Share no sisters' secrets.
7. When a friend tells you a secret, no using it against her when you guys are fighting.
8. Fights happen. Don't go to extreme measures.
9. Don't meddle with a friends' relationship.
10. Do not date your best friends ex without her permission. If the relationship was serious, you need to wait at least six months before asking permission, or until you are sure she is mostly over him. If it was just a little relationship, wait three months before asking for permission.
11. Don't go behind your friends' backs. Especially when it comes to boys.
12. Don't allow your friend to feel neglected when you meet someone new.
13. Don't change yourself for your friend.
14. Don't flirt with your best friends crush. Whether you like him or not. It's just plain wrong and causes a whole lot of jealousy.
15. If your friend doesn't want you to ask "him" out for her, then just don't.
16. You can't tell a girl anything you don't want repeated to her best friend. Whether you tell them to keep it a secret or not.
17. Chicks before dicks. That's just the way it is.
18. Drama is going to happen.
19. Back her up. I don't care if whoever is teasing you will give you shit for the rest of your life. She's your best friend, you stand up for her.
20. Just be there. Even if you don't know what to say, just be her shoulder to cry on.